Old 18-02-2003, 01:15 AM
Hank Sweet

Default Snowdrops on display

Anglesey Abbey in Cambs is good at present. Not very close to bristol
though!

Rgds

Hank
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Any recommendations for good places to see snowdrops?

Did anyone get to Colesbourne Park, Glos on either of the last 2
weekends? It is the home of the Elwes family where they have bred
some of the Elwesii snowdrops. Nice masses of snowdrops under the
trees but I must admit I prefer to see drifts of wild ones as at the
snowdrop valley on Exmoor. The subtle differences in different
varieties of snowdrop is a bit too technical for me.
They charged £5 per adult to go in and were selling bulbs of one
variety, George Elwes, for £20 a bulb!!!
If you didn't get there you are too late this year.

Cheers
Pam

Bristol