Old 17-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Pam Moore

Default Snowdrops on display

Any recommendations for good places to see snowdrops?

Did anyone get to Colesbourne Park, Glos on either of the last 2
weekends? It is the home of the Elwes family where they have bred
some of the Elwesii snowdrops. Nice masses of snowdrops under the
trees but I must admit I prefer to see drifts of wild ones as at the
snowdrop valley on Exmoor. The subtle differences in different
varieties of snowdrop is a bit too technical for me.
They charged £5 per adult to go in and were selling bulbs of one
variety, George Elwes, for £20 a bulb!!!
If you didn't get there you are too late this year.

Cheers
Pam

Bristol

Old 18-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Laurie Moseley

You could try Cinderdine Cottage which is near Dymmock on the
Hereford-Gloucester Border. They were open last weekend at least. They have a
website, too.

Laurie
Laurie (Laurence) Moseley

Plus Ultra

Expert Systems, Decision-Making, Argentinian Tango & Golf