Old 03-01-2006, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
TonyB

Default New spike about to open

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Hi, Tony,

IIRC, this is a Phalaenopsis we are talking about, right?

First, Ray has given you good advice, as always. But I'd like to add this:
if the plant is a Phal, *do not* put it in bright light. You will burn it.

Diana

Yes, Diana, it is a Phal...I believe it was the first one I bought last
summer. They call it Moth Orchid. Would that spike grow more buds? or am
I expecting too much? Isn't a south exposure considered a bright
light, even though i do not expose it to the sun?

Tony