Old 02-01-2006, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default BBC "Christine's garden"

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Friday's new series called Christine's garden is certainly something
different, but I reserve judgement.
However the lady has no lack of knowledge and experience, so I was
delighted to hear her say that you should not water plants in bright
sunlight, because it may scorch the leaves. So I am not the only one
who has spent a lifetime believing that!!

Pam in Bristol

Quite a refreshing programme.
I believe she and you have so far spent a lifetime believing watering (in
sunshine) scorches leaves.
It's a fib,a myth and an attempt by the Water Companies to save water :-)