Old 03-01-2006, 03:47 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Kelly

Default Impatiens leaves

Hi Emilia -

I have a pressing of Clematis virginiana. I'll see if I can wrangle up a
digital file for you. Any deadline on this since it might take a bit for
me to get back to you?

thanks,
Kelly

wrote:
Hi!
I'm a biology student participating in research on Impatiens; part of
it is skanning of leaves and analysing their shape. Unfortunately,
there are some three species where I live: I. noli-tangere (native), I.
parviflora and I. glandulifera (both introduced). It would be great
help to get at least a few shapes of other species and varieties'
leaves for comparison. If any of you is in possesion of an Impatiens or
has one growing nearby (ok, it seems like the worst time of the year to
search for an annual plant...), please try to grab a few adult leaves
(preferably with petals) and scan it or put it flat on white background
and take a photo of it. I will be very thankful if you could send me
some leaves by email and if, in turn, you're interersted in what comes
out of the analysis, don't hesitate to ask :-)

Thanks in advance!
Emilia