Old 04-01-2006, 03:26 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Anyone know about Ficus 'Alli Petite'?

Just moved into a house and found that I have a number of Ficus 'Alii
Petite' plants in the raised garden bed next to the patio. I got the
name of the plant from the attached tag, but cannot find any references
to this plant on the net. I understand that Ficus plants are a big no
no when planted in the ground due to their roots destroying the
foundations. So I'm a little worried about these plants, even thou they
are in the raised garden bed, they are still very close to the water
feature and the decking/pavement.

Anyone know anything about this plant and any experiences/advice on
what should I do with them? If there are not good for the ground, then
I can take them out and out them into the pot plants. Are these type of
Ficus plants 'safe'?

Cheers,
hugoti