Old 04-01-2006, 03:26 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Anyone know about Ficus 'Alli Petite'?

Just moved into a house and found that I have a number of Ficus 'Alii
Petite' plants in the raised garden bed next to the patio. I got the
name of the plant from the attached tag, but cannot find any references
to this plant on the net. I understand that Ficus plants are a big no
no when planted in the ground due to their roots destroying the
foundations. So I'm a little worried about these plants, even thou they
are in the raised garden bed, they are still very close to the water
feature and the decking/pavement.

Anyone know anything about this plant and any experiences/advice on
what should I do with them? If there are not good for the ground, then
I can take them out and out them into the pot plants. Are these type of
Ficus plants 'safe'?

Cheers,
hugoti

Old 04-01-2006, 06:33 AM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen

g'day hugoti,

did a google mate look for ficus alii, from what i can see it is a man
made hybrid from about 10 years ago and is recommended as an indoor
plant so that would tell me it will have the same rampant root system
as most of the ficus in that catagory have.

reckon i'd be pulling them out or dig them out and pot them up, they
should handle some rough treatment and still survive.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--