Old 06-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Maryc Maryc is offline
Registered User

Location: Arkansas
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Joe
HI and Merry Christmas to all!!

I got a small Blueberry plant from a garden center that was closing in
Sept. Its in a 6" pot and it was about a foot tall with a few berries
on it when I got it. I live on the line between 5-6 St Louis area
and I know I need to acidify (is that the right word??) the soil so I
got some aluminum sulfate but I never did anything with this guy.
Should I plant it now or WHEN???
The temp around here now is about 25 F. Educate Me thanks Joe Mc
Hi!! I have several blueberry plants along the fron of my house like a hedge. I put pine needles around them to give them the acid that they like. Mine seem to love it. A lot of people will rake up their pine needles and put them in bags so I can get an abundance of them.
I live in NE Arkansas and they grow great here.
Mary