Old 18-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Planting dried seeds

"David wrote in message
This is my first post to this group, so be nice :-) I want to plant a
variety of peppers this year, since it is so difficult to find the peppers
that I am looking for here in Germany. Can anyone tell me if I can
successfully grow peppers from the seeds from dried chiles? I will be
purchasing a few bags of different chile peppers in the near future and
being able to grow some from the seeds would be great. I have a terrible
feeling that it is not possible, but you never know.

Yes perfectly possible, done it ourselves with some nice dried Cayenne
Peppers we bought in Hungary and also from some fresh ones we liked bought
in a supermarket. We also have saved our own seed year on year in the past
without any problems. Just treat them like normal packet seed.
Now only grow Thai Dragon from T & M.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.