Old 06-01-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Claire Petersky

Default Indoor hydrangea to outdoor?

"Travis M." wrote in message
"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
nk.net
I received a blooming hydrangea as a hostess gift, currently
sitting in a window getting as much light as it can. Can this plant
be moved outdoors? I figured either I could set it out on the porch
and get it "hardened" a bit, and then plant it; or I'd have to wait
until spring.
I live in the Pacific NW, Sunset zone 5.

It might survive.

It might survive if I plant it now?

Watch out for slugs.

Nothing like spending a nice wet spring morning, picking the slugs out of
the garden. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I put them all in a plastic bag
and then stick them in the freezer for a humane death. He says they don't
have two neurons to rub together, and I shouldn't be so merciful.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/