Old 07-01-2006, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default Question best, longest growing season in US

I'm guessing some near-coastal areas of Southern California would be more
"usable" year-round than the deep south. Most spring cool weather crops
could still be grown there year round, and yet there's enough heat for
summer crops like beans and tomatoes. Flowers would be less susceptible to
driving rains and thunderstorms in summer, and to frost damage in winter.
"Charles" wrote in message
On 6 Jan 2006 19:38:25 -0800, "Boxwood Studios"
wrote:

Hi: I'm curious about what area of the country is considered to have
the longest growing season and the best land to grow - what we used to
call a "truck garden" - fruit trees, vegetables and flowers? I'm
thinking somewhere in the south?

Thanks,
Connie

Hawaii?