Old 08-01-2006, 02:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia

Grafted passion fruits are over rated. Mine grew from seed and is all
over the place.(Its huge) By the way, make sure its facing north and is
not on the shady part of the house. Tried to work out why my chinese
gooseberries (Kiwifruit) werent growing well and found out that they
need full sun Er duh !!! I didnt plant it, but soon found out this can
be a problem. Lot of leaves but no fruit...
Face the plant to the morning suna nd you shouldnt have any problems
David wrote:
Chookie,

Yip, my leaves look like that. Deep shiny green and three lobed.

But my vine is about 5 times thicker than the ones in your photos.

Thanks

Chookie wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

What is the graft and how do I identify it ?

The leaves of the edible passionfruit look like this:
http://www.nwmangum.com/PassionFruit/040208-142851.html

THey should be the size of your hand and shiny on top. The Nelly
Kelly understock is a blue-green leaf that only gets to about 5cm.
The wretched suckers come up everywhere. I have even used roundup on
them!

Note to self: Do not buy a grafted passionfruit next time!