Old 08-01-2006, 06:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
-db-

Default worms died

wrote:
I 'had' a fantastical healthy household worm farm in Sydney. Went away
for christmas, I got back on that hot hot New Years Day, and watered my
worms. They had water but i thought they might be hot. And gave them
some mouldy mushrooms. They were all on the second shelf, with a lot
of movement. The next day.... all dead! Disintergrated......!!!!!
Very very sad! What happened? Can anyone help on this one?
Thanks, Gab

We've had similar things happen to our worms. We have our worm farm in
the shade plus shade cloth over the top. Watering can help. We also
have just potting mix in the bottom tray in the hope that they can
escape in those horrid 40+ days.

Derek