Old 08-01-2006, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Brussel sprouts?

"Alan Holmes" wrote
Why is it that the sprouts on my plants are so small, this is the second
year it has happened, or am I growing the wrong variety?

Which are Brassica gemmifera, at least that's what it says on the packet!

I think I got them from Wilkinsons.

Check your soil pH, it needs to be 7+, never below 7.
With manure and compost being incorporated it's easy for the pH to creep
down over time.
Are you planting them early enough in the year?
Do you ensure they are well, I mean well, firmed in?

We grow Trafalgar and Icarus both from T & M.

--
Regards
Bob