Old 08-01-2006, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Koi-lo

Default Assorted

"Mike" wrote in message
* Does any one work in Customs/Agriculture? I live in Hawaii where it's
illegal to import any non native flora. I wanted to know how closely they
monitor the mail.

There is a reason why it's illegal to import non-native flora into Hawaii.
Sure you probably could sneak in a few plants in the mail or a suitcase, but
the risk of it spreading into the wild is bad.

See what happened to hall's honeysuckle or kudzu in the east and south.
Introduced species into the tropics can be bad stuff.