Old 07-01-2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mike

Default Assorted

* Does any one work in Customs/Agriculture? I live in Hawaii where it's
illegal to import any non native flora. I wanted to know how closely they
monitor the mail.

* We appear to be going back to a dry cycle here. I took a bath the other
day and was thinking about recycling the used water onto the porch flowers.
I didn't. Have been told baby shampoo in small quantities can actually be
good for plants; but not adult.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
vincent p. norris

* Does any one work in Customs/Agriculture? I live in Hawaii where it's
illegal to import any non native flora. I wanted to know how closely they
monitor the mail.

Well, now that the NSA has read that message, they'll be monitoring
YOUR mail V-E-R-Y C-L-O-S-E-L-Y !!!!

vince norris
Old 08-01-2006, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Koi-lo

"Mike" wrote in message
* Does any one work in Customs/Agriculture? I live in Hawaii where it's
illegal to import any non native flora. I wanted to know how closely they
monitor the mail.

There is a reason why it's illegal to import non-native flora into Hawaii.
Sure you probably could sneak in a few plants in the mail or a suitcase, but
the risk of it spreading into the wild is bad.

See what happened to hall's honeysuckle or kudzu in the east and south.
Introduced species into the tropics can be bad stuff.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
J Kolenovsky

Also his UPS, Fed-X, DHL and courier deliveries. He may end up on the
terrorist list if they get sloppy with surveilance.

--
J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston Beautiful
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental resource