Old 09-01-2006, 07:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default Tuberoous begonias made no tubers; Why?

I don't know if the seed variety you planted was some variety of "non-stop"
tuberous begonias, but in my experience, those never produce usable tubers
by October and November, if the plants are bought in May from a nursery. I
suspect that they are bred for quick flower production and smaller flowers
than the varieties that form huge tubers and huge but sparser flowers.
"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
Hi--I planted some pelleted seeds (from Seymour's)of Pin-up Flame
tuberous begonias last spring. They spent the summer in pots and
bloomed very well.

But when I tried to dig up thetubers, there weren't any.

Can anyone explain? What should I do differerntly this year?

Thanks. vince norris