Old 19-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Alison

Default Sycamore suckers again

"M K Rogerson" wrote in message
. ..
And they keep suckering after you chop them down as well.

Martin R

Yes we have this irritating problem also but I love the trees and the wind
protection they give us so we've tried various methods. The most
satisfactory for us is to pull the little suckers off at the trunk/base if
you can, whilst they are still small. We've found that if you cut them off
with a pruning saw or secateurs/loppers when they're a bit bigger they seem
to make extra little growths around the area in protest. Our cherries do
this too :-( so it's almost a full-time job of vigilance - but satisfying
once nicely tidied up.

--A