Old 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Another scorpion question

In article t,
Gary Brady wrote:

Dave-tx wrote:
Seeing the previous scorpion question reminded me that I wanted
to ask for opinions on my scorpion problem - I've killed more
than a dozen of them inside the house in the past 6 months. Any
suggestions for a way to get rid of them?

I've tried a perimeter of Diatomaceous earth around the house,
and that seemed to help, but would like alternative suggestions.

Anyone have any success stories to share?

-Dave

You can step on them. That works for sure.

lol

We had the greatest success by using natural predation.

A small flock of mallard ducks...

Ducks like to party at night, so they can be as nocturnal as the bugs!

A wetter yard that attracts more toads is also good.

Try to find out where they are coming in, and treat the indoor area with
sevin.

When we lived in Martindale, the pet ducks cut back on our problem
considerably.

So did caulking.
--
Om.