Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JimR

Default John Deere Moves to Lowes; HD Dropping the Line?

I noticed the last few days that my local HD had cut prices on its remaining
John Deere lawn tractors by $400 and was making a real effort to sell them
all out. Now I see on the Lowes website that they will soon begin selling
John Deere. Given the way things have been working in the past, I'm going
to assume that HD is going to drop JD and will pick up some other "high end"
lawn gear to go along with MTD.

It's all part of the retail chess game --