Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JimR

Default John Deere Moves to Lowes; HD Dropping the Line?

I noticed the last few days that my local HD had cut prices on its remaining
John Deere lawn tractors by $400 and was making a real effort to sell them
all out. Now I see on the Lowes website that they will soon begin selling
John Deere. Given the way things have been working in the past, I'm going
to assume that HD is going to drop JD and will pick up some other "high end"
lawn gear to go along with MTD.

It's all part of the retail chess game --

Old 11-01-2006, 11:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KCnRichmond

No, HD is getting 2 cub cadets, 3 toro 2 JD and mtd and yard machine 1
each...
JD cuts the prices, HD and Lowes wont have anything to do with the prices of
the physical tractor.
No 10% coupons can be used on JD.

nk.net...

John Deere LX 176 kent Lawns 8 11-01-2010 10:52 AM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
JD moves to Lowes, HD drops JD? Garden Viking Lawns 0 21-02-2006 12:17 PM
John Deere F510 Riding Mower Keeps Blowing Fuses! C R R Lawns 0 29-03-2003 02:20 PM
John Deere 300 trans dipstick help Chris Szilagyi Gardening 0 28-01-2003 08:55 PM