Old 11-01-2006, 11:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KCnRichmond

Default John Deere Moves to Lowes; HD Dropping the Line?

No, HD is getting 2 cub cadets, 3 toro 2 JD and mtd and yard machine 1
each...
JD cuts the prices, HD and Lowes wont have anything to do with the prices of
the physical tractor.
No 10% coupons can be used on JD.

"JimR" wrote in message
nk.net...
I noticed the last few days that my local HD had cut prices on its
remaining John Deere lawn tractors by $400 and was making a real effort to
sell them all out. Now I see on the Lowes website that they will soon
begin selling John Deere. Given the way things have been working in the
past, I'm going to assume that HD is going to drop JD and will pick up some
other "high end" lawn gear to go along with MTD.

It's all part of the retail chess game --