Old 11-01-2006, 04:04 PM posted to austin.gardening
Tex John

Default Another scorpion question

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message

A wetter yard that attracts more toads is also good.

I lived two miles from my sister in law in Leander for two years. I had lots
of plants and watered them daily and my yard weekly. She never watered. We
both had lots of rocks in our yards.

I'd find them under her rocks (which she didn't want so I would collect some
of every so often) but never under mine. And mine definately got turned over
regularly as my kids learned to hunt garden snakes :)

Far as I was concerned, watering was the difference. I never applied any
pesticide outside the house other than dumping neem oil and orange oil on
ant piles.

John