Old 11-01-2006, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Coconut Husk Fiber

No, but if you find one, I'll be interested to hear of it. Kenni

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
All,

At a meeting yesterday our speaker (Jeff Adkins, very, very funny) brought
with him compressed CHF. This was not in big bricks, but in small rounds
with flat ends, just the right size for a 3-4" pot. The stuff can be
pulled apart enough to insert your plant base. Then it is stuffed right
into the pot, and Voila! Potting done. It's prewashed, though I'd probably
wash it again to be on the safe side.

Jeff said OFE sells these. OFE's site is down right now, and an email to
them brought unsatisfactory results (not the first time that has
happened). I googled it, and will some more, but meanwhile does anyone
know another source for this stuff?

Diana