Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Coconut Husk Fiber

All,

At a meeting yesterday our speaker (Jeff Adkins, very, very funny) brought
with him compressed CHF. This was not in big bricks, but in small rounds
with flat ends, just the right size for a 3-4" pot. The stuff can be pulled
apart enough to insert your plant base. Then it is stuffed right into the
pot, and Voila! Potting done. It's prewashed, though I'd probably wash it
again to be on the safe side.

Jeff said OFE sells these. OFE's site is down right now, and an email to
them brought unsatisfactory results (not the first time that has happened).
I googled it, and will some more, but meanwhile does anyone know another
source for this stuff?

Diana

Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

No, but if you find one, I'll be interested to hear of it. Kenni

This is a really cool idea, Kenni. I can only imagine what a time saver it
would be for someone with compots, etc.

I'll continue to follow up with OFE.

Diana

Old 12-01-2006, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Psst. Psst. Diana!

Ever heard of a phone?

Just because we HAVE computers, it doesn't mean it's ALL we have!

888-633-4685

Old 12-01-2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Yes, yes, I know Ray! It's just so much easier - usually - to do things on
line. If only OFE were as responsive (on line and on the phone) as you are!
I've dealt with them on line and by phone, and to tell the truth, I much
prefer to do business with First Rays, LOL!

Diana

Old 12-01-2006, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Having recently heard that OFE was offline and had some other issues, I
thought maybe they were on their last legs of staying in business.

I decided to call (their website wasn't very good anyway), and had the most
prompt, best service I've ever gotten from them, and I've been doing
busyness with them a LONG time. Even more amazing was that it only took 5
days to get the goods, as opposed to the old days when it might be ten
before they even shipped it.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

That's good to hear, Ray. Perhaps things have changed for the better. I'm
going to call them.

Diana

Coconut Husk Chips Steve[_2_] Orchids 5 05-04-2016 07:14 AM
Washing Coconut Husk Chips charles VanDyke Orchids 5 02-10-2005 04:18 AM
Coconut husk mounts Orchidguy Orchids 5 26-07-2004 11:02 PM
Coconut husk mounts Orchidguy Orchids 2 20-07-2004 03:04 PM
Coconut fiber Lee Brouillet Ponds 10 28-02-2003 07:52 PM