Old 12-01-2006, 03:58 PM posted to triangle.gardens
jim frei

Default Deer are eating my Indian Hawthornes

"Steve" wrote in message
In article et,
jim frei wrote:
i've heard of the following tricks:
soap
. . .
i'm also going hunting this weekend. (wink wink)

Deer hunting season ended about a week and a half ago in most of central
NC, so you'll have to wait till next year for that. The various sprays
and scented deterrents seem to only be effecitve for a short period of
time before the deer become acclimated to them. The best solution I've
found is electric fencing.

Deer season lasts 12 months on my property...same thing for racoons, doves,
squirrels, possums, stray dogs, unleashed children, and revenue agents.