Old 13-01-2006, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Getty villa gardens

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:05:15 GMT, Robert wrote:

I always liked the fact that I could get in free, but my car needed an
appointment and had to pay. Is it still that way?

You're right, though - a beautiful place.

Rob

I think so, but I'll find out and post. Yes, here's the Web site
for both Getties (Gettys?):

http://www.getty.edu/visit/

Problem for the Villa always was , and may still be, conflict with the
neighbors. You had to reserve parking in the Villa garage. You
could not just drive up and park in the (limited) garage and exterior
parking lots. There was and I assume is, absolutely NO street
parking. Visitors could be dropped off, or walk up. I used to just
take the bus; stops right in front, and return trip across PCH. Have
to know the schedule, though; not as frequent as city buses.

--

Persephone