Old 13-01-2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.ponds
Rodney Pont

Default some goldfish turning gold

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:32:04 -0600, Koi-lo wrote:

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
news:atcfzvasbuvgflfgrzfygqhx.it17wv3.pminews@ous e...
We have some 5 year old ones that are still black although two of that
group did turn gold and white last year, some will never turn. They
were black originally before they were bred for colour and you always
get genetic throwbacks.

And these dark ones will most likely be the last ones the predators get, and
so get to reproduce longer and more will survive.

That's what I thought would happen but it seems that the the dark ones
aren't as successful or that their young are coloured since all of the
young last year were coloured. Having said that we may just not have
seen any dark ones :-)

--
Regards - Rodney Pont