Old 14-01-2006, 11:32 AM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon

Default Perth lawn not looking good

Hey Mel,

I had the same problem and it is not bugs. Even though we have had plenty of
rain in Perth it doesn't stop the annual draw down of soil moisture. In fact
the soil becomes water repelent and bypasses the grass roots.

I found this out after trying to dig a hole in the yard. 750mm down I had
something akin to hour glass sand. This was dry and wanting to cave in the
hole as I dug.

I have reticulation (bore) and moved a sprinkler to get better coverage on
the lawn. It has greened up a treat.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Richard

"mel" wrote in message
u...
Hi All
I out down Blood and bone and chemical fertilizer and my lawn was looking
great, gave it plenty of water, but then brown patches started to appear
and spread , is this some kind of grub.
thanks in anticipation

mel