Old 14-01-2006, 03:01 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Dead frogs in massachusetts pond

Hi,
we are experienceing some seriously unseasonbly warm weather here in
massshoudl hit 60 degress today). My pond went from being all ice
(exept for where the heater was) to all water overnight. I went out to
look at it this morning and found about 4 dead frogs. 2 floaters, twi
that I could see towards the bottom cause they were belly up. Any idea
what killed them? The fish are down there and seem ok. Could this
have sometihng to do with the crazy temp shift?