Old 15-01-2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default Pruning Question: Ceratopteris thalictroides

Exactly. 90% of my water sprite floated free on the surface and did much
better that way. Baby plants formed on the leaves. They spread and produced
baby plants until the surface was covered. I was giving it away to all my
friends who had fish.

There's three species of the stuff. Only the very fine leaved one will
gow submersed, the rest just wants to float. I have two of them here.

But here I can't keep it alive (hard alkaline water). I don't even see it
being sold anymore.

My water is 1200 ppm carbomnsates and it grows fine. Eats nitrate like stink.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net