Old 15-01-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default Combining aquariums with homebrewing

In article ,
Logic316 wrote:
I wonder if anybody here ever tried using yeast and sugar to generate
carbon dioxide for plants. I'm a homebrewer and whenever I make beer or
wine, the airlocks on the fermenters bubble like crazy with CO2. There
has to be some use for that. I figure it would be a simple matter to
just connect a plastic hose from a wine/beer fermenter to an aquarium to
give plants a healthy boost. This is definitely an opportunity to
combine 2 of the world's coolest hobbies, or could alcohol fumes pose a
problem for fish?

Hey it's 1989 all over again.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net