Old 15-01-2006, 07:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

Default warm spell

"kate" wrote in message

madgardener wrote:
"kate" wrote in message

My rosemary is in bloom again today and I saw ground ivy in bllom
yesterday.

Kate in Nashville, TN (not so warm right now though)

what part of Nashville, Kate? I grew up and lived a huge portion of my
life in Inglewood on Greenfield Avenue that leads down to Riverside and
into Shelby Park, one of my first ethereal experiences with yellow
violets ..................
madgardener

Woodbine, formerly known as Flat Rock, which is obvious come tilling time.
Close to the fairgrounds.

Kate

my second husband, father of my youngest son grew up in Woodbine!! Some
great memories there (along with the fairgrounds, as I'm old enough to
remember Fair Park fondly, and rode the wooden roller coaster the last year
it was open, met Janis Joplin back stage at the Women's Pavilion building
when she performed there back in the 1960's with Big Brother and the Holding
Company, and generally had a blast there until 1992 when I moved here in
Eastern Tennessee, boy are Eastern Tennessee folk a whole different breed of
cat from Middle Tennesseans.......LOL)

and man, do I miss REAL BLACK SOIL that I had in Inglewood, and took
forgranted. My folks grew up in Shelbyville/Columbia/Tulluhoma, so I know
the terrain where you live very well. Memories of trips every weekend down
31A is still etched in my brain, which is how I visit my mom who lives now
with her baby sister and hubby in Tulluhoma. It's just easier after visiting
my daughter who lives in Antioch to careen down Nolensville road and keep
going until I hit Tulluhoma.......g this year I am determined to find
Iris City Irises in Primm Springs. Their iris selections are to die for!!
( I get their catalog and spoken with their expert resident, and this year I
am making the trek to get Louisiana iris that are acclimated to Tennessee
and some Japanese iris.

madgardener