Old 15-01-2006, 07:50 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default RP (rec ponds) Has this been tried, to filter out OT postings?

On 15 Jan 2006 03:52:19 GMT, wrote:

I haven't been here in several years, since my son-in-law became the
waterkeeper for my koi. I, too, was appalled to see so many OT and
off-the-wall posts.

Hiya Nick, so you passed down your koi keeping (or at least, passed off the
chore part of it?) ;-)

Yes, the newsgroup has been attacked by trolls. It's all those bridges
people have put over their ponds, you know. I rarely see them though, with
the killfilter on max, they have to nymshift. Which makes me scratch my
head with wonder, "so what, I see you, zap, I ain't gonna read it." They
waste more of their time typing, than I do zapping.

On the ponding scoreboard, Carol must be the winner as long as they post
here, she wins, in my book. They don't seem to have a clue how much control
SHE apparently has over THEM. IMHO, ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a