Old 15-01-2006, 02:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne

Default Garden fencing?

Are the girls too young to educate about the electric fence? My daughter
used that to keep her dogs in, and their young boys didn't have a problem
with it after they were told what will happen and shown how it works.

There are different kinds of electric fence. You might find one that is too
tall for the kids to reach, but a deer would get zapped when it lays its
neck across the top to look in.

Dwayne
"Brenda Hammond" wrote in message
I'm in southwestern British Columbia and the area we live in has LOTS of
deer and some bears in the fall. Anyone have a suggestion as to the best
type of fencing to use to deter them.

We were thinking about electric fencing, but have concerns about that
because of the young children at our house and the neighbors - there's no
fence between our place and theirs and their daughter comes over quite
often.

Thanks in advance

Brenda