Old 15-01-2006, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

Default Fallen tree?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:21:33 -0500, BE wrote:

Have a very large old pine tree blow over last night on to neighbors front
yard. Not sure if it's on my property or his, sort of on the line.

Generally speaking, who's responsible? Me, him or both?

Thanks...

First off, who has ownership of the tree? Who property is the tree's trunk
located (before it fell)? In the odd case that the tree was dead square
on the property line, then it falls under who cared for the tree before it
fell. Did you trim it or did the neighbor? If no-one cared for the tree,
then it's could be considered shared property and your both responsible.

I'd suggest that you and the neighbor split the difference on the clean
up. It seems very likely that both of you enjoyed the the same and
ownership seems a bit fuzzy. Best to keep good releations with the
neighbor imho. Otherwise I would suggest that you survey your property
before any clean up happens and figure out ownce and for all who is the
true owner.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com