Old 15-01-2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
BE

Default Fallen tree?

Have a very large old pine tree blow over last night on to neighbors front
yard. Not sure if it's on my property or his, sort of on the line.

Generally speaking, who's responsible? Me, him or both?

Thanks...

Old 15-01-2006, 08:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
BE

"BE" wrote in message

Responsible for removal that is...

Old 15-01-2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

"BE" wrote in message
"BE" wrote in message

Responsible for removal that is...

If it was a healthy tree with no known defects. then clean-up is the
responsibility of the person that owns the property for that portion
the tree landed on. On the other hand, if there are decayed places in
the tree and that's where it gave way, then you may have a clean-up on
your hands.

Tom J

Old 15-01-2006, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:21:33 -0500, BE wrote:

Have a very large old pine tree blow over last night on to neighbors front
yard. Not sure if it's on my property or his, sort of on the line.

Generally speaking, who's responsible? Me, him or both?

Thanks...

First off, who has ownership of the tree? Who property is the tree's trunk
located (before it fell)? In the odd case that the tree was dead square
on the property line, then it falls under who cared for the tree before it
fell. Did you trim it or did the neighbor? If no-one cared for the tree,
then it's could be considered shared property and your both responsible.

I'd suggest that you and the neighbor split the difference on the clean
up. It seems very likely that both of you enjoyed the the same and
ownership seems a bit fuzzy. Best to keep good releations with the
neighbor imho. Otherwise I would suggest that you survey your property
before any clean up happens and figure out ownce and for all who is the
true owner.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com

Old 16-01-2006, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
BE

"BE" wrote in message

Thanks for the replies. I'll speak to him soon. More than likely we'll
split the cost and rent a chipper, have go at it with a chain saw...

Old 16-01-2006, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

"Timothy" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:21:33 -0500, BE wrote:

Have a very large old pine tree blow over last night on to
neighbors front
yard. Not sure if it's on my property or his, sort of on the line.

Generally speaking, who's responsible? Me, him or both?

Thanks...

First off, who has ownership of the tree?

Were I live, it's not who owns the tree, but whether it was an act of
God that brought the tree down (wind, tornado, hurricane) or whether
it was a diseased tree. Act of God, each person is responsible for
cleaning their own property. Diseased tree, the owner is responsible.

Tom J

Old 16-01-2006, 07:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu

You may want to phone your village or town office to find out what the
regulations
are. Most places have tree ordinances to cover these cases.

Sherwin D.