Old 15-01-2006, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
foo

Default Help-- transplants aren't happy.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for responding.

These weren't seedlings. Probably due to my lack of judgment I let the
peppers grow for about three months. They have a 160 day cycle
generally when I grow them indoors. They are currently about 120 days
and I know I should have transplanted them sooner but, c'est la vie.

I moved the entire plant, including root ball and planted them in new
soil approximately 4-5" deep in an 8" pot. I let the entire root ball
remain intact when I transplated them.

I grew the plants in a large 20-24" (?) clay pot. I grew 7 plants
starting from seed. They began in this pot and have flourished
wonderfully. Big, full leaves, perfect growth, strong stems, etc. I
did check the roots for discoloration (e.g. not white) and they all
looked healthy. I used a lot of their existing soil from the large pot
to keep things "copacetic". Whether or not that does anything i'm
unsure.

Hope this helps the diagnosis!