Old 15-01-2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default Dead frogs in massachusetts pond

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article . com,
I'm sort of curious to find out, not really sure how to find out, if
maybe the oxygen level wasn't sufficient enough to keep them going in
their state of hibernation where as the fish were able to move around to
better water. If there wasn't water movement, might of caused a problem?

There's no water movement at the bottom of natural ponds either. I think
some frogs or newts are just not going to make it through the cold weather.
Almost every spring I find a dead frog, koi or newt in one of my ponds or
pools. Goldfish seem the toughest when it comes to cold water. I can't
remember when I found one dead in the spring.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952