Old 16-01-2006, 01:42 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather

Default Gardening resources request

Novice,
Welcome to the fabulous world of Gardening. We lived in Werribee (Kathleen
Cres) for about six years - you have a challenge ahead of you !! A part from
being hot and dry, that clay is appalling.

I suggest you either wait until the ground gets a bit wetter, then dig in
heaps of organic material and a bit of sand - or build up some beds with
sleepers or concrete retaining blocks and fill with good soil - there's a
landscape supply place nearby, but can't remember exactly where - I think
along Forsythe Road. The Nursery along there is good and will know where
to get soil.

We grew Westringias and Callistemons quite well - I imagine some grevilleas
would also do OK
Geoff