Old 16-01-2006, 12:48 PM posted to aus.gardens
tt

Default Perth lawn not looking good

"mel" wrote in message
u...
Hi All
I out down Blood and bone and chemical fertilizer and my lawn was looking
great, gave it plenty of water, but then brown patches started to appear
and spread , is this some kind of grub.
thanks in anticipation

mel

i live in perth, and every summer we have to treat the lawns for
blackbettle. dunno the technical names, but they love eating the grass
roots. and the healthy lawn dies for no reason.

check out bunnings. they have heaps of stuff for black beetle. best i have
found is baythroid. once asummer at start ofsummer. and bingo.. u will find
hundreds of black bettles come up and die. also i believe that washing up
water wiht detergent in it brings them out too.

goodluck