Old 17-01-2006, 01:32 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Jeff Frelinger

Default Deer are eating my Indian Hawthornes

MT Byers wrote:
jim frei wrote:

Some big-ass deer has been munching on my Indian Hawthornes - just
about every leaf has 2/3 of the end bitten off.

Any suggestions for keeping the deer away? And don't say "you
shouldn't have moved to the country".

Anyone heard of Irish Spring soap as a repellent? I have heard a
first-person account from a trusted source, and the review was glowing.

MT

Irish Spring only results in clean deer.

I tried and it had no effect. The only thing that worked was an 8 ft fence.