Old 17-01-2006, 12:41 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Question onVines that grow into trees +

wrote:
schizophragma hydrandeoides are new to me - i just got 'moonlight' last
year and have it in a client's garden in zone 9a. it's grown only 1 or
2 new leaves in a year. i planted hydrangea anomala ssp. petiolaris
several years ago in zone 6 - new york. it's still alive, and i think
the main stem is a fraction thicker than when i put it in, but that's
IT so far. good plant if you have grandchildren who are planning on
sticking around to watch your plants. it's a beautiful plant that
takes a human lifetime to mature. i've seen a mature one somewhere -
maybe longwood gardens?? pseudopanax ferox is a very odd bird.
difficult to keep alive, from what i've heard. difficult to tell if
it's alive, from what i can see. giant walking sticks supposedly
camouflage as plants. this plant camouflages as a giant walking stick.

Well, thanks for that! I guess I will keep my Hops Plants and Grape
vines as My major vines!