Old 23-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default peas and beans yield

Rebecca wrote in message
We are new to veg growing and planning our first crops. I have no idea
about how many of each of our peas and beans to plan for. I want to grow
climbing French Hunter, Runner enorma, and broad beans, and early onward
and sugar snap peas. Can anyone help me with an idea of how much crop I
could reasonably expect from a single plant of each so that I can work out
how many I need.

Sorry can't help with your unusual request except...
Peas freeze well without blanching so no matter how many you grow they will
never be wasted. (May have to buy another freezer though. ) pod them, weight
them into portions, bag them and freeze. We grow 4+ varieties of proper
peas, can't stand eating pods. :-)
French Beans do freeze too but need blanching.
Runners don't freeze well (in our opinion!) so use them as a summer treat
fresh from the garden.
Broad Beans should be in and growing now! Freeze well too.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.