Old 19-01-2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
simy1

Default Blackberries in a container garden?

Boron Elgar wrote:
Has anyone been successful growing blackberries in large tubs or half
barrels? If so, what varieties do best? I am zone 6.

Thanks for any ideas.

Boron

Since you got no other bites, my .02 say it is a bad idea. Brambles
just require too much space. Unless you could put a large trellis
behind the tub, train them, then water them diligently. Still, if you
only have tubs, I'd put them to more productive use. With brambles
you'd get a pound of berries out of a container that will give you ten
pounds of other things.