Old 20-01-2006, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

Default Greenhouse Draught

In message , the swede
writes

Neil Cairns Wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:32:19 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message
, the swede
writes

I have a gas heater in my greenhouse which is 8 feet by 6 feet with
high

eaves. However, I do get a draught which is coming from the door. My
greenhouse is pretty new and I do not feel like buying a new one. Can
anybody advise as to what I can do to stop the draught, I have tried

adjust the door but it is not very easy.

You need a draught, or rather you need a supply of air and someway of
getting rid of the combustion products
Find out where the draft is going then its path this should cut down
the strength of the draft, what ever you do DO NOT stop it all or you
will have a great build up of carbon monoxide.
Neil

Thanks for the help, did not think about the danger, I do have
ventilation It is just the draught from the door that seems to be a
nuisance. I am a novice at all this so sorry for being thick.

Well if you do have other ventilation arrangements that are sufficient
to supply the heaters O2 requirements then there is no reason not to try
stopping the draught I just can't quite seen the reason to bother,
unless it's just for your comfort.

Have you insulated the GH (if not then you really should) I had covered
the door in my old GH with a cover of the bubblewrap insulation, this
would ahve effectively shut out any draughts.

--
Chris French