Old 23-02-2003, 09:51 PM
david

Default peas and beans yield

For peas I would get a good old variety that grows to 5ft or so these will
keep cropping over several weeks so you are not faced with a glut all coming
in within a few days.
I used to grow epicure and I would reckon to get around 15 pods to each
vine, these would have around 8 to 10 peas to each pod. used to grow a 15ft
row which did me well.
for kidney beans which I will eat every day given a chance, I used to grow
around a 30ft row.
Hard to say the cropping weight as this is dependant on so many things,
weather, soil fertility watering, pollination and theft.
I add the last as for a couple of years I used to get a lot of Peas stolen
by a Jay which came daily for a feed.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries