Old 21-01-2006, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles

Default Angel Trumpet & Confedrate Rose cuttings

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:19:36 GMT, "Tom J"
wrote:

I gathered some Angel Trumpet & Confederate Rose stalks in late
November after the leaf drop. I cut them into 12" pieces and stuck the
in containers of tap water. They are growing tops like crazy and the
Angel Trumpet sticks have roots 4 to 6" long already. The Confederate
Rose sticks don't seem to have roots yet.

What should I do next?

Thanks for any enlightenment!!

Tom J

Water roots can be quite brittle, so they have to be handled
delicately. In order to save them I would add dirt to the water
slowly, let it settle around the roots and dry out a bit to have some
support.

that's for the angle trumpet, for the confederate rose, I know
nothing.