Old 21-01-2006, 09:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kye

Default a difference between orchids and human babies

Joanna,

Stop it.... you are making me soooooo very ckucky waiting on mine to be born
in June....

By the way we found out its a boy!!! Not the girl we were hoping for but
wheres the downside???

Kye.

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
news5iAf.26265$RK3.18051@trnddc06...

Orchids: feed weakly weekly -- do not overfeed; orchids do not complain if
you miss a feeding, and can do well with benign neglect as well.

Babies: feed at least 8 times a day in theory, but in practice it seems
like nearly constant feeding is required (I did not know before that there
is such a thing as 'cluster feeding' when a baby can for example
feed-cry-feed-cry-feed-(doze of during feeding but complain when the food
source tries to move away for even a moment), and this can go on from 10pm
till 3am non-stop -- and that's considered 'normal' baby behavior (by a
healthy non-colicky baby).

And to think that some people think that orchids are demanding, and
difficult to grow. Posh!

On the other hand, here is a neat similarity for you:

Orchids will turn toward the lights, and so will babies. Robert has
discovered that lights are really fascinating. Yesterday he stared at the
kitchen ceiling light mesmerized and turned his head back in its direction
when turned away.

Oh the joy of exploring life!

Joanna