Old 22-01-2006, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub

Default Angel Trumpet & Confedrate Rose cuttings

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:19:36 GMT, "Tom J"
wrote:

I gathered some Angel Trumpet & Confederate Rose stalks in late
November after the leaf drop. I cut them into 12" pieces and stuck the
in containers of tap water. They are growing tops like crazy and the
Angel Trumpet sticks have roots 4 to 6" long already. The Confederate
Rose sticks don't seem to have roots yet.

What should I do next?

Thanks for any enlightenment!!

Tom J

I agree with adding soil or actually soiless mix to the water and
gradually pour more and more water out each few days. Use refined
vermiculite (seed starting mix) so it's sterile. I've had problems
with rot and while I'm not saying you would have problems, you may as
well use something which is not carrying any pathogens the water roots
may not be hardy enough to ward off. If you have any michorrizae
around, put that on the roots or in the water.